Lectures by the authors of the 5 finalist works will take place on May 7 from 3pm to 7pm at the Auditorium of CaixaForum Barcelona.
Each 20 minute lecture will be presented in English by the principles of the studios and will explain their finalist work:
- Archea Associati – Antinori Winery, San Casciano Val di Pesa, Florence
- Barozzi / Veiga – Philarmonic Hall Szczecin, Szczecin
- BIG Bjarke Ingels Group – Danish Maritime Museum
- Helsingør, Lederer Ragnarsdóttir Oei – Ravensburg Art Museum, Ravensburg
- O’Donnell + Tuomey – Saw Swee Hock Student Centre, London School of Economics, London
The presentations are open to everyone and will be presided by the Director of the Fundació Mies van der Rohe, Giovanna Carnevali; the members of the 2015 Jury – Cino Zucchi (Chair of the Jury and Principle of Cino Zucchi Architetti, Milan), Margarita Jover (Principle, aldayjover architecture and landscape, Charlottesville and Barcelona), Lene Tranberg (Principle, Lundgaard & Tranberg, Copenhagen), Peter L. Wilson (Principle, Bolles + Wilson, Münster), Li Xiangning (Deputy Dean, College of Architecture & Urban Planning, Tongji University, Shanghai), Tony Chapman (Head of Awards at RIBA, London) and Hansjörg Mölk (CEO MPreis, Völs, Tirol) – and Ivan Blasi, Coordinator of the Prize.
3pm – 7pm
Av. Francesc Ferrer
i Guàrdia, 6-8.
The 2015 edition of the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture – Mies van der Rohe Award will unveil the Prize Winner and the Emerging Architect Winner the following day at a special event at the Mies van der Rohe Pavilion in Barcelona.